With the greatest regret we have taken the difficult decision to cancel the New Milton Music Festival and Gala Concert this weekend. We have reviewed the volunteer staffing levels, many of whom are in an at-risk health category, and concluded today that we can’t run the festival safely and in the manner that you would expect. We are also mindful of our responsibility not to exacerbate any risk of transmission of COVID-19 so would have been encouraging any performers or supporters in an at risk category not to attend. From the communications received this number has increased over the last two days.
We realise this is a huge disappointment to those who have put in hours of practice and preparation, and for all of those looking forward to a celebration of the last 20 years of music making in the festival’s name.
The Committee will review if there is any possibility to find a revised date and will advise in due course. Otherwise we will re-run the festival next year. Please bear with us as we review the best way of refunding entry fees. This will take a while to sort out.